TL;DR – Hacking SERPs with AI Keyword Research
- Traditional keyword research is slow and not guaranteed to generate traffic
- AI SEO tools are making it easier to analyze trends and find hidden keywords
- Identified 4 AI powered SEO tools that can generate keyword ideas and convert them into AI written content
- 6 features your AI keyword tools must have: Keyword Explorer, Integration, Predictive Analysis, Voice Search Optimization, Geo Targeting, Platform Diversification
- Main benefit is reducing time in research, while increasing your chances to rank higher by producing “user intent” articles
Ever been stuck in the keyword research rabbit hole?
Spending countless hours poring over spreadsheets, analyzing search volumes, and studying competition levels? And still feeling unsure if you’ve made the right choice?
Trust me, I’ve been there.
A few years ago, I was just like you – new to the SEO game and eager to rank my website, but absolutely terrified of keyword research.
Not because of the actual process of searching for keywords – that wasn’t too bad.
It was the concept of potentially wasting my time that terrified me.
I was terrified of picking a keyword, putting in the time and effort in writing, doing the outreach for backlinks, and then to find out it was all just a waste of time.
Ultimately the keyword I chose was trash to begin with and it wasn’t the “goldmine” that was going to skyrocket my traffic.
It honestly felt like trying to find a needle in a haystack…
in the dark…
while wearing oven mitts…
and the haystack is actually a pile of other look-a-like needles.
But what if there was a way to light up that haystack and turn those needles into big, glowing, unmistakable beacons?
Well after 15 years in the trenches of online marketing, I’ve cracked the code, and I’m here to share my secret weapon: AI Keyword Research.
So if you want to know more about AI powered SEO tools, such as:
Then let’s dive in!
The Love-Hate Relationship with Traditional Keyword Research
We all know the drill.
You dive into your preferred keyword research tool and you start digging, hoping to find that “golden nugget” / “holy grail” of all keywords!
One with HIGH search volumes, LOW competition, and HIGH buyer’s intent.
But here’s the kicker…
It doesn’t exist because everyone else is doing the exact same thing.
And that, my friends, is where the frustration and doubt starts to creep in.
You’re not only competing against other marketers, but you’re also trying to outsmart the algorithms of the search engines themselves.
It’s like playing a never-ending game of cat and mouse, where you’re always the mouse.
But what if you could become the cat?
The Dawn of AI Powered Keyword Research
Imagine if you have an assistant that could sift through large amounts of data, analyze trends, and give you a list of keywords that aren’t just relevant today, but will continue to be in the future.
That’s exactly what AI powered keyword research promises to deliver, in just a few clicks.
Sure VA’s could technically do those tasks but it would take days 👎
AI, on the other hand, has the ability to process and analyze data at a speed and scale that we mere mortals can only dream of.
It can analyze data points, historical trends, and predict future behavior.
But most of all, it can help you find those hidden opportunities, those keywords that everyone else is overlooking.
Understanding AI Powered Keyword Research
So what is AI Powered Keyword Research?
Simply put, it’s the use of artificial intelligence (AI) to generate, analyze, and optimize keywords for SEO and content creation.
Think of Sox, Buzz’s personal companion from Disney’s Lightyear, just crunching out numbers and data at lightning speed.
But instead of finding out the Crystallic Fuel Matrix Calculator, he provides you with the “creme de la creme” of keywords.
But it’s not just for keywords; it gives you other insights as well.
It analyzes the relevance, competitiveness, profitability, and predicting their performance even before you use them.
This means, my friends, that you are not just shooting in the dark anymore (or hunting for needles in haystacks).
You’re making informed, data-backed decisions about the keywords that are most likely to drive traffic to your site. And that, is the ultimate goal!
But Does it Really Work?
I know what you’re thinking, ” But Glenn, this sounds too good to be true”.
I get it…
You’ve been burned before and now you’re hesitant to try anything “new” that promises fast results.
I’d be skeptical too – in fact, I was!
But I decided to give it a shot – and I was pleasantly surprised.
Not at the fact it was able to do the job at an amazing rate – I knew that was going to happen.
I was more surprised of the results I received.
In my 14 years in SEO and affiliate marketing, I’ve tried pretty much everything. And I can tell you this – AI powered keyword research works.
It’s not just a fancy buzzword or a marketing gimmick – it’s a game changer.
I’ve seen it firsthand and I’ve used it to uncover keywords that I would have never found using traditional methods.
These weren’t just any keywords too.
They were were high-traffic, low-competition keywords that catapulted my content to the top of the search engine rankings.
While AI keyword research tools helps identify hidden keywords, AI writing tools helped create engaging content.
Find out How to create AI content that Google loves and your reader’s engaged
Why Choose AI Keyword Research Over Traditional Tools?
“But Glenn…” you might ask, “I’ve got a keyword tool that works just fine. Why should I switch to an AI-powered one?”.
To that I say, “then why are you here 🤔?” – just kidding 😜.
Well first, there’s the speed factor.
AI tools can analyze vast amounts of data in milliseconds. Way faster than you or I could ever be.
What used to take hours (or even days) can now be done in less time than it takes to make a cup of coffee.
Secondly, AI keyword research tools work at a level of complexity and efficiency that traditional tools just can’t match. They can analyze vast amounts of data in seconds and provide far more detailed and accurate results.
Lastly, they can even predict future trends and suggest long-tail keywords that you might not have thought of.
It’s complex algorithms help predict keyword trends and user behavior, giving you an edge over your competitors. It’s like having a crystal ball that predicts the future of SEO.
As you’ll read further below, some of these AI keyword research tools not only provide keyword suggestions but also classifies them into user intent categories.
This way, you can tailor your content to match what your audience is looking for.
Top AI Keyword Research Tools Ranked
I’ve used all these AI keyword research tools in the past.
Even though they may have similar features, their output is completely different.
Choose the tools that align with your purpose and budget.
🏆My Favorite AI Keyword Research Tool
From a Keyword Research and Content Creation perspective, Surfer SEO is by far the best tool for the job and one I keep coming back to. It’s insights on creating an optimized article is “best in class”.
🏆Best Free AI Keyword Research Tool
🏆Best Premium AI Keyword Research Tool
🏆Best Overall AI Keyword Research Tool
How AI Keyword Research Can Improve Your Content Quality and Relevance
While you’re writing your article, do you ever think, “how can I make this more relatable or relevant”?
Well, the answer lies in AI keyword research.
You might be thinking, “What on earth does AI have to do with my content?” – just hear me out!
You’ll see how these tools can revolutionize your SEO game.
Understanding the Magic of AI Keyword Research
AI keyword research can predict the exact words your target audience will use in their search queries.
It’s not about stuffing your content with keywords anymore – it’s about understanding the search intent behind those keywords.
For instance, when someone searches for “best running shoes,” they’re not just looking for any old pair of sneakers.
They want a list of the top-rated running shoes, comparisons, and maybe even where to buy them – that’s search intent in action!
It’s the purpose or the “why” of their browsing needs.
Types of Search Intent: Know What Your Audience Wants
Search intent can be broadly classified into four types of categories: informational, navigational, transactional, and commercial investigation:
- Informational intent is when users are seeking knowledge, like “how to bake a chocolate cake.”
- Navigational intent refers to searches aimed at finding a specific website or page, like “Facebook login”
- Transactional intent is when users want to make a purchase, like “buy iPhone 12.”
- Commercial intent is when users are comparing products or services before making a purchase, like “iPhone 12 vs Samsung S21”
AI keyword research tools can analyze the search intents based on the user’s keyword and guide you in creating the right type of content.
Actionable Tips to Optimize Your Content with AI Keyword Research
Now that you understand the power of AI keyword research, let’s dive into how you can use it to optimize your content.
Here are some practical tips:
- AI tools can analyze the readability of the top ranking pages in the SERPs for your target keyword
- It can then give you an idea of the reading level your audience prefers
- Choose the reading level that matches your audience
- AI can help you identify the common structure of your competitors
- For instance, do they use bullet points, numbered lists, or long paragraphs. This allows you to get an idea of how to structure your content
- No one likes to read a big block of text – mix it up with short/long paragraphs, show different lists and media, etc.
- AI can also analyze the tone of top ranking content
- Is it formal, casual, or somewhere in between?
- Most tools have a huge list of tones you can choose from. Select the tone your brand is trying to achieve or what you think your audience will resonate with
Analyzing SERPs with AI SEO Tools
AI SEO tools are your secret weapon in understanding the SERPs.
They can analyze the top 10 pages that are ranking for your target keyword, identify the search intent, and guide you in creating the right type of content.
For instance, if you’re targeting the keyword “best running shoes,” an AI tool can analyze the SERPs and tell you that your audience is looking for a comparison article with product reviews and buying intent.
Traditional SEO tools can do this (analyzing the SERPs), but it takes an experienced SEO practitioner to understand the intent.
With AI SEO tools, it can categorize all the discovered keywords and group them in their appropriate “intent” groups.
How to Choose the Best AI Keyword Research Tool
Before you even start looking at AI keyword research tools, you need to understand your business goals and budget:
- Are you aiming for local SEO domination or global recognition?
- Are you on a shoestring budget or ready to invest for the long haul?
Knowing these factors will help you narrow down your options.
Premium options provide more functionality, whereas more “economical” options focus on a few features.
For instance, when I first started building niche sites, my goal was to rank high for low competition keywords. These were brand new sites with DR0 so I started from the bottom looking for low fruit keywords no one was targeting.
I didn’t have a big budget at the time, so I opted for something more “budget friendly”.
Now, I opt for premium tools because my budget allows it.
Criteria for Evaluating AI Keyword Research Tools
Now that you have a clear idea of your goals and budget, it’s time to evaluate the tools.
Here are the criteria I recommend:
- How precise are the tool’s keyword suggestions?
- Do they accurately reflect search trends and user intent?
- No joke, I once used a tool that suggested “SEO tips 2010” as a top keyword in 2020. Needless to say, I didn’t use that tool for long.
- Time is money, folks
- The faster the tool can deliver results, the quicker you can start optimizing your content
- User Experience:
- Is the tool easy to navigate?
- Does it offer features like keyword explorer and AI integration with other tools?
- A tool that’s difficult to use will only slow you down.
- Community and Support:
- What type of support do they offer?
- Do they have a big community? If you can’t get support from them, maybe someone in their community can help
- When I was a beginner, I relied heavily on support to help me navigate the tool
Features to Look For In AI-Powered Keyword Tools
Now, onto the fun part: the features!
Here are some advanced features that can give you an edge:
- Keyword Explorer:
- This feature allows you to explore related keywords, giving you a broader perspective on your niche
- Look for different options of categorization such as intent, clusters, and other relevant questions
- AI Integration with Other Tools:
- Some tools integrate with content optimization tools, helping you optimize your content as you write it
- The option to directly migrate your keywords to your content tool is a major time-saver
- Predictive Analytics:
- This feature predicts future keyword trends, giving you a head start on your competition
- Voice Search Optimization:
- With the rise of Siri and Alexa, optimizing for voice search has become crucial
- Geographical Targeting:
- If you’re targeting a specific location, this feature can be a game-changer
- Platform Diversification:
- Some tools offer keyword suggestions for different platforms like YouTube, Amazon, and more
FAQ’s | AI Keyword Research
Final Thoughts on AI Keyword Research
So, should you ditch your traditional keyword research methods and tools and jump on the AI bandwagon? Not necessarily.
There’s still a place for good old-fashioned manual research.
But if you’re looking to speed up your process, uncover hidden opportunities, and stay ahead of the competition, AI keyword research is definitely worth a shot.
In the world of online marketing, or life in general, the early bird catches the worm. In this case, the early adopter catches the keywords.
So why not at least give AI powered keyword research tools a try? It might just be the secret weapon you’ve been searching for.
Before You Go…
In order for you to rank higher in the SERPs, you need more than just AI powered keyword research.
You need to learn how to write effective articles that Google loves, and that your audience adores.
That’s why I created the following posts on how to leverage AI writing tools: